- Kik is continually making headlines as one of the most dangerous apps for teens.
- Very popular with sexual predators.
- This app limits how many messages are saved within 48 hours or older, so it is hard for parents to monitor.
- This app also makes it hard to identify the sender and receiver by having no profile verification.
- From day 1 Kik has had problems with child exploitation and just made headlines again for this in April 2019.
- In addition children have been exposed to mature content, there are numerous inappropriate chat rooms, cases of predators using app to contact children and child pornography.
- This app is dangerous for teens because videos, photos and messages disappear after a set time. However many teens forget that the receiver can take a "screen shot" of their message or photo. Once they have it often they use it as leverage against them to manipulate them to get what they want and cyberbully.
- This question and answer app is being used by many teens to cyberbully. Bullying is easy considering there is no filters or moderation of content or questions being asked.
- David Cameron former Prime Minister of the UK urged parents not to let their teens use Ask.fm due to the serious problems with cyberbullying and mental health linked to this app.
- Due to the lack of privacy settings, content moderation and anonymity factor this app has been linked to teen suicides around the globe.
- This app encourages you to confess your secrets and connects users according to interests and location.