"The promise of social media is to connect and yet we have the loneliest generation ever."
iGen (those born after 1995) are experiencing unprecedented levels of anxiety, depression and lonliness.
According to information from Columbia Bible College
- 56% of 8th graders who spend more than 10 hours a week on cell phone are more unhappy
- depression in high school girls has increased 50%
- depression in high school boys has increased 27%
- girls suicide ages 12-14 has tripled
- boys suicide ages 12-14 has doubled
- Intentional friend time is down 40% from 2000-2015
We need to put down the phones and foster real relationships because our youth especially are starving.
This video paints it best